Leeds Rumours Archive October 08 2012

 

Use our rumours form to send us leeds transfer rumours.


08 Oct 2012 18:34:47
David haigh just tweeted loving the rain time to move home soon . Could be a hint . Hope so . Bates out

Believable38 Unbelievable13

08 Oct 2012 19:42:34
How can you click unbelievable?! Just check haigh's twitter account!

Agree3 Disagree1

Maybe some of us don't actually believe the account is genuine, who knows?

Agree0 Disagree1

I'm not the original poster but if you'd followed the account you'd know it was genuine

Agree1 Disagree1

According to LUST, he will become our new chairman.

StevenLufc

Agree2 Disagree0

Just a thought here but David Haigh seems happy to be tweeting positive tweets whilst he is wooing us, however if he were to become chairman I wonder if he will still be connecting with the fans his little snippets of thoughts. I bet they dry up as fast as bates wallet!

Agree0 Disagree0

09 Oct 2012 01:43:20
David Haigh to be next Leeds chairman

Agree0 Disagree0

OK its been said a lot of times, bates out.Lets not forget he did save our club a little respect for the old man.

Agree0 Disagree1

According to Mr Haigh's comment in the SUN he likens us to Pamela Anderson. I wish we had as much up front as she has!!!

Agree0 Disagree0

08 Oct 2012 16:55:09
Goerge Boyd coming in on loan and to sign a permanent deal in January costing £750.000

Believable43 Unbelievable25

Although this could be true the only place its reported is on vital Leeds - and there source is the sun so I wouldn't hold your breath pal. Here's hoping.

Scot MOT!

Agree0 Disagree0

Great move if true -reckon this will happen! We've been linked with George for so long, Neil cannot be uninterested -as soon as money allows...Chapel A

Agree0 Disagree0

Quality player and would be a real asset to us.

Agree0 Disagree0

I think NW could bring the very best out of Boyd and he would add a much needed option to the squad.
MOT!

Agree0 Disagree0

This isn't a dig at the poster or others who have put this in the past, I'm genuinely interested to know coz I haven't seen it thats all but has Neil actually said he's a target or are we just going off rumours, ed u might know will u? Good signing if so in my opinion {Ed013's Note - He was seen as a potential signing in the summer but was priced out of a move. With only 6 months of his contract left in Jan it is in Peterborough's interest to sell}

Agree0 Disagree0

I remember a couple of seasons ago forest paid 1mill to take him on loan and he was a real let down played about 5times I think he's the kinda player who looks good at a team like Peterborough but will really struggle at Leeds he's not worth it

Agree0 Disagree0

Whoever is going to be funding this is just stupid then. Why pay 750k for someone that only has 6 months left on his contract we got Austin for 300k when he only had 6 months left on his contract and he is worth more than Boyd {Ed013's Note - they wanted 1.5 million in Aug}

Agree0 Disagree0

08 Oct 2012 16:42:05
George Boyd is getting linked to us again, on a deal that would see us have him join us on loan then signed on a permanent contract come January.

For me this is a realistic signing if new owners are flipping the bill. Not a huge name, but adds something we are lacking... quality attacking pace with skill.

LUFC-Bob

Believable34 Unbelievable10

Hes not got pace, he is technically adept tho and very disillusioned at Posh.

Agree0 Disagree0

Class player...Would do well for us. Similar style to Snodgrass. Linked with a loan deal with a possible permanent 750k deal in January!

Agree0 Disagree0

Seen him play a few times, If he does come I hope his disillusionment with with Posh has affected his game - temporarily. He didn't look great to me and needs to improve if he is going to do a good job for us.

Agree0 Disagree0

No thanks would rather have maxy back or shun wright Phillips for pace. Not impressed by boyd at all and if we get money to spend we should be looking at better quality to help us progress in the premier league. Sorry but don't want to get stuck with players who can't cut it. Been there and paid the price. Mot

Agree0 Disagree0

Whether impressed by Boyd or not, I'm pretty confident that if it's someone our manager thinks we need, then he'll be someone worth having in the squad. So far Warnock's assembled squad has all stepped up and done their jobs for us successfully. There's no reason to think this would be any different for him.

Agree0 Disagree0

08 Oct 2012 16:04:19
looks like the player warnock is after is george boyd again.touted before but think could be legs in this one now...oh and yes i actually have a source.a friend of mine is a coach at posh and knew id be interested....shrew leeds

Believable29 Unbelievable15

08 Oct 2012 15:53:19
George Boyd on loan with a view to a permanent deal in jan.(not too sure he's the answer)But i will give him a fair crack.KEA

Believable27 Unbelievable11

Nice of you.

JB

Agree0 Disagree0

08 Oct 2012 14:45:45
Leeds and Peterborough are being reported to have agreed to allow George Boyd to join Leeds on loan until January when the deal will be made permanent, the deal is to believed to be around £750.000, sources are New Now and the current bun newspaper, let's hope it isn't a load of rubbish I think he would give us that extra edge up front and out wide......

White4ever......

Believable22 Unbelievable11

08 Oct 2012 14:36:17
apparently Leeds have had a bid for Boyd accepted by Peterborough for loan with a view to permanent deal 750k jan

Believable18 Unbelievable11

08 Oct 2012 13:01:46
Takeover should be completed tomorrow evening, G.F.H have acquired the funds needed over the weekend and have confirmed the deal is going ahead. Ken bates had given them by Thursday to complete or he was to sit down and discuss a less lucrative deal for the club with some potential American investors.

Believable24 Unbelievable45

They will have had the funding before now, so more rubbish.

Agree1 Disagree0

I hope your right but GFH have signed exclusivity agreement which means they have exclusive rights which means no other parties can join the party

Agree0 Disagree0

So where have they confirmed this then ! to my knowledge the only thing they have confirmed is they are on track with the purchase with no time scales.

Agree0 Disagree1

Dont think so still to much to do. this will last till new year as ken said getting ready for jan window.

Agree1 Disagree0

Heard it all before.

Agree0 Disagree0

08 Oct 2012 16:07:44
Any body know if the George Boyd rumour is true apparently the sun says we have agreed a deal to get him on loan with view of 750k in January if we want him permanently

Agree0 Disagree0

Silly post...gfh have aquired funds over the weekend you put.
they had to have funds in place months ago.funding wasnt the hold up

Agree1 Disagree0

Yep Ken told me the same at the game on Saturday, I received it in morse code in the family stand sent from wherever he was sat!!

Agree0 Disagree0

2 words. EXCLUSIVE RIGHTS !
Money had to be shown before KB even contemplated dealing with them.
Simple !
Rubbish post

Agree1 Disagree0

According to what I have seen and read is that GFH have an exclusivity deal with Leeds City Holdins who only own around 28% of the shares.

If this is true then that leaves Ken Bates free to sell his near 73% to whoever he wants to?

Ken Bates originally said that GFH had the funds for an INVESTMENT, not a complete takeover, which is what seems to be on the table now?

Only my interpretation, nothing else....

Agree0 Disagree0

To the last poster - No that is incorrect.

Leeds City Holdings is an umbrella company of which Forward Sports Fund (which hold Bates' 72%), plus four other shareholders (the remaining 28%) are subsidiaries. Thus acquiring Leeds City Holdings would mean that they acquire Forward Sports Fund (72%), plus the other 28% owned by the other shareholders.

Google "the beaten generation Leeds City Holdings" and you'll find the info there.

Agree1 Disagree0

This is just my own thoughts, but a company like GFH would have the funds already, and as they have missed the august transfer window, i wouldnt think that there was a big hurry to complete the deal much before the jan transfer window opens, which would be when they could invest in the squad, i mean they cant do a great deal between now and then regards bringing people in (apart from loan signings, but lets be honest you dont really get any decent players that are going to turn the tide on loan).

Agree0 Disagree0

09 Oct 2012 09:40:10
got that wrong mate 3 weeks,

Agree0 Disagree0

Surely the sooner they are in, the more time they have to get their house in order ready for the transfer window. It makes no sense to drag it out until Jan unless it is necessary.

Agree0 Disagree0